My life is shaken, stirred, heated, and pressed down. BUT WE STILL STAND. In the last three months; the following has occurred:
1. My knee was clinically found to be too atrophied for a total knee replacement; resulting in an endless cycle of physical therapy to strengthen my leg but pain after the attempt, leaving me to pained to strengthen it.
2. An undeserved, shocking and supernatural healing… Without surgery. I had been a spoiled rotten brat that week, whining and complaining; and simply over it. That Sunday at church, they asked if anyone needed prayer for their hip or back. I hadn’t even told my husband that my hips were off by 2 inches. I received prayer, and my hips had no pain, neither did my back. A couple friends of ours asked to pray for my knee. I shrugged and said OK, even though I was skeptical and butter in my heart. I thought, “It’s not going to do any good, but go ahead.” I was instantly convicted of my lack of faith. I asked God to forgive me, and I said, “Jesus, I want to believe; help now my unbelief!” I felt pain as they prayed, I felt my knee cap return to its proper place, and I felt warmth in my quad muscle. I walked out of church without crutches. When I walked into Physical Therapy on Monday, my leg strength was 3 times stronger than it had been on Friday. I can’t explain it, other than Jesus was merciful.
I don’t know why I was healed, and why others have not been healed. I do know that it’s a question I will wrestle with throughout the rest of my life.
I know that my knee being healed doesn’t guarantee a life filled with perfectly beautiful scenarios. This leads me to the next numbers.
3. We received 20 hours notice to evict from our rental house.
4. After more than a month, we are still waiting for the rental that our hearts are set on to be available for us… Just a few more moving pieces.
5. One of our sons hit a tree while sledding and blacked out, fully unconscious. His concussion was severe. A combination of prayer, chiropractic care and rest had resulted in yet another recovery.
6. We were given a second car at a very good price.
7. Said car broke down and awaits repairs.
Do you see the pattern? Good, bad, good….
That is how I once viewed it.
I am no longer emotionally controlled by the situations in life!
Jesus promised us that “In this life you will have trouble, but take heart, I have overcome the world!” Jn. 16:33 biblegateway.com
We will have trouble.
Any time that healing occurs,
Or Beauty is discovered;
That is PROOF
That God is Here.
He Is God.