Helpful Hints that worked for me,
HOWEVER, EVERYBODY IS DIFFERENT AND
DIFFERENT THINGS WORK FOR DIFFERENT PEOPLE.
That being said, I sincerely hope that the following proves helpful:
1. Motion sickness bands were my mainstay, I wore Sea-Band® brand often; many different kinds are available.
2. Ginger is a wonderful stomach soother. Reed’s® has a Ginger Brew™ Soda and also Ginger CandyChews™, both of which I religiously consume.
3. Chai tea works sometimes, but not 100% across the board.
4. Peppermint was hit or miss with me, as well.
5. Sierra Mist® Natural™ pop also worked.
***I would still have migraines, but these things at least somewhat diminished the nausea.
For Super-Sensitive Hearing:
I wore earplugs. Mack’s® Dreamgirl™ was the cheapest brand that I found locally; and it made a remarkable difference.
***I did learn, however, that if I kept them in too long in both ears, my vertigo would take awhile to diminish***
For Migraine Prevention:
1. Examine diet for triggers. Common examples include nitrites, preservatives, citrus, MSG, etcetera.
2. If you are not allergic, the following foods are some that were helpful to me, although I didn’t always know why:
Hard boiled eggs
Salmon – wild caught, not farm raised
Tuna – Albacore
Garlic *in moderation
Magnesium containing foods
3. A heating pad on my shoulders seemed to ease the pain enough that I could take my prescribed medications, put on my sleep mask, insert my ear plugs, and slip into the medical-induced deep sleep required to ride out the beastly reality.
4. There were many times that nothing worked, and I had to get a shot from the Dr.
5. Other times, the shot didn’t work and I had to be in the hospital for treatment.
I will provide links to some of the websites that I benefited from; but please remember that I am NOT a medical professional! I am simply providing some of the tips that I discovered helped ME.
I am hoping for the best for any and all of you who deal with this beastly, painful reality; and please know I am praying.