Dairy-Free, Wheat-Free, Peanut-Free Riggatoni
**We did use goat cheese, as our children tolerate it quite well. The brands that we used contain no cow rennet or lactose.**
^^^We also made wheat-containing shells, since we were feeding 7 of us that night!^^^
+12 oz. Ronzoni® noodles (one box fed 3-4 of us; use two boxes if feeding 7 or 8)
+Extra Virgin Olive Oil
+2 eggs, beaten (***if EGG allergies; u can substitute 1/4 cup of plain soy yogurt, or u can try 1/4 cup of plain applesauce…it will just be a bit sweeter)
+2 teaspoons Garlic, more to taste
+1 teaspoon oregano
+1 teaspoon marjoram
+1/2 teaspoon salt
+4-5 Kumato® brown tomatoes, diced (feel free to substitute local tomatoes…these are very sweet and mild; however.)
+4 oz Sun-dried tomato Chevrie; (If you cannot locate this feel free to add sun dried tomatoes to the plain Goat cheese)
+11 oz plain Goat cheese Chevrie
+6 oz. Bella Capra® smoked goat cheese
+Pomi’® chopped tomatoes in the carton (You can also substitute 2-4 cans of chopped tomatoes if in a pinch)
1. Bring water to a boil, add salt and a bit of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2. Add noodles, boil as directed on the package.
3. Meanwhile, Preheat oven to 325*
4. In a bowl, add 2 whisked eggs, the entire log of sun dried tomato Chavrie, 3/4 of the log of plain goat cheese, oregano, salt, garlic, and marjoram. Add diced Kumato™ Tomatoes, and one cup of the Pomi’® tomatoes (reserve the rest for the sauce) and mix well. (This part can be a bit laborious; I used a fork and folded in the cheese and egg mixture until it became smoother).
5. Once the noodles are al dente and drained, pour them into the GREASED dish of your choosing…pie pans, casserole dishes, they all work.
6. Pour the Chevrie mixture on top of the Gluten Free noodles.
7. Pour on the rest of the Pomi® tomatoes
8. Shred the Bella Capra® smoked goat cheese on top of mixture
9. Bake at 325* for 25-30 minutes, 45-50 minutes if double recipe and all in one pan. We used a metal pie pan for one batch, and it took closer to 20 minutes.
10. Pull out of the oven and enjoy!